Sunday 19 October 2008

More Trees

These are a few more trees from my collection, sometimes I take a photograph because a tree is an unusual shape, sometimes because the trunk or the bark is different, but the main reason is, I just really love trees. This is a lovely, solid, comfortable looking tree.
A face in the wilderness..
There is a place in the Lake District where sprites and other woodland creatures have been seen, it is a magical place and fills ones heart with peace and tranquility. It is perfect for meditation as all outside noises fade into nothingness, except for the whispering of the trees.
This fallen tree is gradually being taken over by moss and lichens.
A photograph of the start of an upright swift that I am making for Amber.
A strange scene of a forest in Scotland. The trees were raised on hummocks of soil with drainage channels between the rows.
This was a tree that I used to climb whilst watching for deer, it is a lovely old tree.
Trees have an amazing ability to regenerate from dead looking trunks, this for me is a wonderous sign of Old mother Natures tenacity and zest for life.
A diamond like pattern on the trunk of a fallen tree.
This tree is the Guardian of the sacred place I talked about earlier, she watches over all who visit or live there.

2 comments:

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

Gorgeous, bring back memories of the places we have been:)

Anonymous said...

What beautiful & inspiring pictures! I love trees too :)