Monday 9 February 2009

A Jourhey through Winter.

On Saturday Amber and I had a trip to Cumbria, to visit friends and also to call in on my mother, these are photographs taken by Amber as we travelled up the motorway, as you can see the surrounding countryside is rather cold and bleak, It was a beautiful day with clear skies and fluffy white clouds, traffic was very sparse and it was a joy to be out and about.
Almost the same view, but with no vehicle to spoil it.
Wish i had brought my sledge.
This was part of a very long train, the wagons were full of gravel and there were workmen all along the track, possibly the bad weather had lifted some of the ballast.
What a magical scene.
My youngest grandson has decided he would like to start playing with Warhammer figures, it seems to be the newest craze at school, we have managed to find some Lord of the Rings characters for him , so it looks like my next project will be a special battleground for them,
Watch this space.

No comments: