Monday 7 July 2008

On The Beach

I love the sea and where we live is only five minutes from the beach. Every year there is a kite flying exhibition, and we went down to the beach to have a look at it. The weather was perfect for showing the kites in all their glory, and the sun shone all day. I took a few photographs that day, some of which are shown below.



The dog had no trouble getting airborne, the fish for some reason were a little reluctant.



Super Ted flies to the rescue.
These lobsters were almost Fifteen feet in length, an incredible feat of kite making.


Another view of the dog, perhaps wondering where the fish have gone.
This octopus was excellent, as it flew the tentacles moved quite realistically.
.

These ladybirds are also kites, but they remained landlubbers and did not leave the safety of the beach.

Another weird and wonderful creation.



Yacht racing on the deep blue sea.
This was the start of a sand turtle created by a professional sand artist.
Two views of a sandcastle competition.

The finished sand turtle, quite impressive I thought.




1 comment:

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

I kept looking for your sand castle. Maybe next year eh?
Thanks for showing me the kites. Maybe I will be able to make the competition next year. To watch though as I have 2 left strings when it comes to flying kites. It looks like great fun.