Sunday 6 July 2008

Woolfest A Beginners Tour

Last year I dropped Amber off and returned to pick her up later. This year I came with her to help out on the Knitting and Crochet Guild stand. I did not know what to expect and it came as a very pleasant surprise to meet loads of really lovely people, and to see the enormous variety of colours and textures displayed on the stands. These photographs are of some of the things which I found interesting.
A view of the Guild stand, some of which I helped to put up.
Another discussion on the stand.
I think this sheep had been here before, he seemed quite unfazed and a little bored by all the activity going on around him.

I think this is the front end of these two, with all that wool it was not easy to tell.
These sheep and the ones in the next photograph had really lovely wool and looked like childrens cuddly toys.

When alpaca's are sheared they shrink to an astonishing degree and appear to be a completely different species.

I took this photograph because I am a bicycle freak and have been so from an extremely early age. When I was younger I was a racing cyclist taking part in time trials organised by my local club,of which I was a member.
This stand had an impressive display of woven baskets.
Untill I came to Woolfest I had no idea how many men were actively involved in the creative aspects of wool, spinning,carding,knitting etc.
Brightly coloured socks, who can resist them, not me.
Another man happy in his work.


2 comments:

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

Sop glad that you decided to join in this year at Woolfest. I am sorry to have missed your finger knitting lessons which I believe were a great hit.
I hope that you decide to go next year when I hope to be there also.
Show support to all the other "woolly" men!

Rosie said...

Great pictures: I couldn't resist those socks either, in fact I bought a pair for Mr Caught Knitting, who did a 10 mile hike in them, he says they're really comfy! We're both thinking of you.