Saturday 21 June 2008

Poetry

I like poetry, I like to read it and wonder where the poet found his or her inspiration. I have had sporadic attempts to write poetry, but my talents? appear to lie in other directions. A few days ago I was sorting through my photographs and decided to see if I could illustrate one of my favourite poems. See what you think of my efforts. The poets name is W H Davies.
What is this life if full of care, we have no time to stand and stare.
No time to stand beneath the boughs,
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see when woods we pass, where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.
No time to see in broad daylight, streams full of stars like skies at night.

No time to turn at beauty's glance,
And watch her feet how they can dance
No time to wait till her mouth can, enrich that smile her eyes began
A poor life this if full of care, we have no time to stand and stare.

2 comments:

Sue Krekorian said...

Absolutely brilliant - you have a gift for illustration, Mr. Mog!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful.

I love that poem too.