Thursday 5 March 2009

Day of contrasts.

Amber and I went for a walk in the woods yesterday, the sun was shining, hardly any wind and it was very pleasant, saw this flowering currant which was begging to be photographed, so I obliged it.
Then I noticed this little robin sitting in the bush looking at me, so I said " smile please " and took his photo as well, it then began to snow quite heavily, the white blob at the top of the photo is a snowflake on the lens of the camera.
We had taken some apples with us to the woods and I was cutting them into small chunks and throwing them around, this squirrel decided to investigate and posed quite nicely for us, as you can see from the photo. The snow was very wet and we were soaked so decided to make tracks for home.
On the way back the snow stopped and the sun came out again, so I took a photo of this water feature which is on the promenade, the water jets are random so the camera has to be focused in readiness.
This last photo was taken in the early evening from the front of our house, a perfect end to a very mixed up day.

No comments: